The Telemetry service provides user-level usage data for Metapod-based clouds, which can be used for customer billing, system monitoring, or alerts. Data can be collected by notifications sent by existing Metapod components (for example, usage events emitted from Compute) or by polling the infrastructure (for example, libvirt).
You can only view metering statistics on the dashboard (available only to administrators). The Telemetry service must be set up and administered through the ceilometer command-line interface (CLI).
For basic administration information, see Measuring Cloud Resources.
Viewing Resource Statistics
- Log in to the Dashboard and select the admin project from the drop-down list.
- On the Admin tab, select Overview.
- Enter the date and time range to query the resource usage by Project and click Submit.
To view usage by Hypervisor:
- On the Admin tab, select Hypervisors.
- Filter the display by selecting the column headings.