The Metacloud dashboard is installed on the controller node. To log in to the dashboard, follow these steps:
Note: To use the Virtual Network Computing (VNC) client for the dashboard, your browser must support HTML5 Canvas and HTML5 WebSockets. The VNC client is based on noVNC. For details, see noVNC: HTML5 VNC Client. For a list of supported browsers, see Browser support.
In the address bar, enter the host name or IP address for the dashboard. For example,
Note: If a certificate warning appears when you try to access the URL for the first time, a self-signed certificate is in use, which is not considered trustworthy by default. Verify the certificate or add an exception in the browser to bypass the warning.
On the Log In page, enter your domain, user name, and password, and click Sign In.
The top of the window displays your user name. The top of the left navigation displays the Project to which you belong.
Depending on your role (end user or admin), different tabs and functions are visible in the dashboard.
The user drop-down menu at the top right of any page provides the following list of options:
- User Settings: View and manage dashboard settings.
- Change Password: Change the password of the user.
- Sign Out: Log out of the dashboard.
Projects are organizational units in the cloud and are also known as tenants or accounts. Each user is a member of one or more projects. Within a project, a user creates and manages instances.
From the PROJECT drop-down, you can view and manage the resources in your project, including instances and images. You have access to the following resource categories:
- OVERVIEW: View reports for the project.
- INSTANCES: View, launch, create a snapshot, stop, pause, reboot, or connect through VNC to instances.
- Volumes tab: View, create, edit, and delete volumes.
- Volume Snapshots tab: View, create, edit, and delete volume snapshots.
- IMAGES: View images and instance snapshots created by project users, plus any images that are publicly available. Create, edit, and delete images, and launch instances from images and snapshots.
- ACCESS & SECURITY:
- Security Groups tab: View, create, edit, and delete security groups and security group rules.
- Key Pairs tab: View, create, edit, import, and delete key pairs.
- Floating IPs tab: Allocate an IP address to or release it from a project.
- API Access tab: View API endpoints.
- ORCHESTRATION: View, create, manage, and delete stacks, which are templates for orchestrating cloud resources for applications.
- NETWORK TOPOLOGY: View the network topology; launch an instance.
- NETWORKS: View public and private networks.
- ROUTERS: View routers.