The Cisco Metacloud Support Portal is available at http://support.metacloud.com. You can view support articles and other resources without logging in, but you have to create a password before you can request help.
When your Metacloud private cloud was built, the Metacloud Support team set up an email address alias for your entire team. This address reaches both the client team and our cloud build team for build-related discussion, without the risk of inadvertently leaving anyone off an email message. We also use that distribution list as a method of contact regarding issues that may arise in your environment once it is built.
Based on the contact information provided in the Metacloud Deployment Configuration Questionnaire, the Metacloud Support team sets up accounts on support.metacloud.com for each of the contacts listed, and associates them with your organization. During the build process, your team members received account activation emails. If someone did not receive an activation email regarding your support.metacloud.com account, please have them check your email spam filters and use the Forgot Password link on the login screen at support.metacloud.com to access the account.
Please double-check that your email spam filters are not trapping any communications related to Cisco OpenStack Private Cloud, Metacloud, Cisco, or support.metacloud.com. To request additional accounts on the support portal for your cloud admins after your Metacloud build is complete, please open a new support request providing their email addresses and names.
To create a portal password:
During the Metacloud build process, the Metacloud Support team sends you an email with a link for creating a portal password, so that you can submit support requests.
- Click the link in the email.
- Create a password that contains at least five characters and does not match your email address.
- Click Set password. This automatically logs you into the portal.
To submit a support request:
- Select Submit a request from the top menu bar of the support portal.
- Enter a subject for your request. Based on words in the subject, the portal displays links for support articles that may provide useful information.
- Fill out the request form thoroughly.
- If possible, attach a screen shot or other file to provide additional context about your issue.
Click Submit. The portal displays a request number and sends you a confirmation email.
For further support request guidance, see Expediting Your Support Request with Important Information.
To view the status or provide more infromation to an open request:
- Select Requests from the menu bar.
- Select My Requests on the My activities page.
- Click the relevant request to view its activity history. Comments appear in chronological order, so you can track the history of your request from the beginning.
- Use the comment field to ask a question or share any new information about the issue.
- Attach any additional files that may provide more context about the issue.
- Click Submit to save any comments or attached files.
You receive an email every time a Metacloud support team member enters a question or comment about your request. If you reply directly to the email, your reply appears with the comments for the service request in the portal.
Viewing Requests in Your Organization
The Metacloud Support Portal typically associates individual customer accounts with an organization, and any member of that organization has visibility into support requests by any other member of that organization.
To view support requests submitted by other members of your organization:
- Select Requests from the menu bar.
- Select Organization Requests on the My activities page.
Updating Your Cloud
Metacloud engineers proactively troubleshoot and update your cloud, deploying enhancements to ensure secure, reliable, and optimal performance. When it is appropriate to deploy software or perform work on the environment, they coordinate with your team to schedule maintenance with minimal or no disruption.