This 4.6 release of Cisco Metacloud contains the full availability of the Nimble storage driver, support for Vector Packet Processing (VPP), support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.4, and bug fixes for the Dashboard, Orchestration templates, live migration, and storage.
The following feature updates and improvements have been included in the 4.6 release:
- The Nimble storage driver is now fully supported in the 4.6 release. See Nimble Storage Driver.
Vector Packet Processing (VPP) is now enabled in the 4.6 release. VPP is a very fast software switch for highly network-intensive applications. VPP supports high-performance VM dataplane traffic. Metacloud integrates VPP with a VPP-agent to enable Layer 2 high performance VM throughput. Typically, VPP targets NFVi use cases or specific VNFs. VPP replaces LinuxBridge technology when you require high VM traffic throughput. If you are interested in using VPP in your Metacloud environment, contact your Cisco account manager.
For more information on VPP, see The Fast Data Project.
The following bug fixes have been applied in the 4.6 release:
- Storage volumes are now correctly removed and are no longer listed as “in use” after the attached server is deleted.
- Live migrations now complete correctly for non-VPP enabled environments.
- Compute nodes no longer experience packet loss.
- Orchestration templates now correctly launch instances.
- All flavors now display accurately.
- Instance graphs now display accurately.
- Volume lists now display accurately when there are more than 1,000 volumes.
- The Network Topology graph now displays properly for large numbers of instances.
- Non-admin users can now delete ports in the Dashboard and in the CLI.
There are no known issues reported in this release.
Supported API Versions
Supported OpenStack Projects and Versions
Supported Image Types
|Image Storage Location||Local Storage||NFS-backed Storage||Ceph-backed Storage|
|QCOW2 (KVM, Xen)||x||x||N/A|