This 4.5 release of Cisco Metacloud contains bug fixes, feature updates, and an update to enable support of the Nimble storage driver.
Nimble Storage Driver
The Nimble storage driver is currently available in a limited capacity, see Known Issues with the Nimble Storage Driver for more information.
The Nimble storage driver enables a host to configure and manage Nimble Storage array features using Block Storage interfaces.
The Nimble storage driver uses iSCSI only. Fibre Channel is not supported.
The Nimble storage driver supports the following operations:
- Create, delete, clone, attach, and detach volumes.
- Create and delete volume snapshots.
- Create a volume from a snapshot.
- Copy an image to a volume.
- Copy a volume to an image.
- Extend a volume.
- Get volume statistics.
- Manage and unmanage a volume.
The following issues have been detected in certain edge-case tests:
- When performing a bulk creation of volumes, some volumes were not able to attach to the VM.
- After deleting a server, attached volumes may remain IN USE and cannot be deleted.
- When performing a live migration of a compute instance, an instance may remain ACTIVE and not move to a new hypervisor.
Viewing and Downloading Reports
You can now access and download reports using the Dashboard.
- Log in to the Dashboard and select the Admin tab.
- Select Reports to display the Reports panel.
- Select the Download Reports tab.
Locate the report you want, click Download.
The capacity report downloads to your local computer in a text file named YYYY-MM-DD-capacity-report.txt.
Availability Zone Names in the Dashboard
You can now see full names for AZs in the Dashboard. For example an AZ named
examp1 will display
Example Company Production Environment 1 in reports.
New Guest Operating System Support
You can now run Windows 2016 in a fully supported configuration.
The current release includes the following bug fixes.
- During live block migration, VM migrations with attached volumes will no longer stop unless there is a risk of data corruption caused by the storage platform.
- Network Usage and Network Packets are now displayed in the Hypervisors and Controllers panels.
openstack volume list --all-projectsnow displays accurately when there are multiple pages.
- Capacity reports now function correctly. See Capacity Planning for more information about Capacity reports.
- Live snapshots of Windows guest instances now accurately maintain the disk state on shutdown.
- Disk statistics in shared-storage environments now display correctly in the Hypervisors panel.
- You can now correctly download EC2 credentials from the Access & Security panel API Access tab.
Supported API Versions
Supported OpenStack Projects and Versions
Supported Image Types
|Image Storage Location||Local Storage||NFS-backed Storage||Ceph-backed Storage|
|QCOW2 (KVM, Xen)||x||x||N/A|